My list doesn’t look much more green than it did last week, and yet I feel like I accomplished a lot more. At least a couple of the items are orange, meaning partly done, rather than red (meaning not done). Most importantly, my short story is out with four beta readers, two of whom have read my books, and two of whom haven’t.
However, I did end up doing something I’ve been meaning to put on this list, but keep putting off: I designed a real home page for my website! I like it a lot better than just using my latest blog posts. And, I incorporated my new author photos I had taken last month!
Here are the rest of the details:
- Read Lesson 12 of How to Think Sideways – No
- Short story – complete revisions – first pass and second – Done!
- Request beta reads for short story – Done! Got four takers, and sent the story to them, too.
- Get It Together exercise 9 & 10 – No
- Three interval workouts and two shorter workouts – Got two and two.
- Format a friend’s book for print if she gets me what I need – She hasn’t sent me the front & back matter yet, but we nailed her logo/colophon design.
Here are my goals for the quarter overall:
- Work through Lesson 18 of How to Think Sideways – done through Lesson 10.
- Complete Saturn Society short story – out with beta readers
- Release Times Two (combined ebook of Time’s Enemy and Time’s Fugitive) – waiting until I get other projects done
- Complete Get It Together exercises and data gathering – completed sections 3 – 8.
- Three interval workouts and two shorter workouts per week – ongoing
- BONUS: Release Hangar 18: Legacy – Needs revision based on beta reads – waiting until I get other projects done
- BONUS: Plot out and begin writing first book in new series
- Read Lesson 12 of How to Think Sideways
- Short story – collect/write front and back matter for standalone release, start working on cover
- Get It Together exercise 9 & 10
- Three interval workouts and two shorter workouts
- Format a friend’s book for print if she gets me what I need
How are you doing, whether or not you’re doing ROW80? How do you recover when something changes your plans?