What do you do when there’s something on your to-do list that just won’t go away?
One solution, of course, is to ditch the to-do list. I tried that once, but every time I do, the darn thing keeps coming back.
In all seriousness, there’s no way I’d remember to do all the things I need and want to do without it. So the list stays. But that thing that keeps hanging on… in this case, it’s working through the exercises in Get It Together, an estate planning workbook. Not the most exciting stuff, so naturally, it gets shoved to the back of the priority line.
Sometimes, that’s what we have to do. When I started this round of ROW80, I’d thought I might do NaNoWriMo, but hadn’t committed to actually doing it. Well, now that I have, writing New Book takes precedence.
I will complete Get It Together… just not this month. Probably not this ROW80.
Fortunately, everything else went better. Here’s my progress for this past week:
- 6,000 words on NaNoWriMo novel – Done! I even went to a local write-in, got 2,000 words written, and had a great time!
- Review Home for the Holidays print proof, correct again if needed; otherwise OK it and make available for sale! – Done! Second proof came out right, so I OK’ed it, and it’s now available! More details coming Wednesday.
- Physical activity 5x this week – Done! It helps that I am reading an awesome book on the treadmill this week.
- Hangar 18 – review and markup Chapters 7-9 – Done, thanks to this section needing minimal revision.
- Get it Together exercises 13 & 14 – No – see above.
Here are my overall goals for this round:
- Format and release OVRWA holiday story anthology – Done and soon to be released!
- Revise Hangar 18 – revisions/markup moving along nicely
- Keep up with my exercise, five times a week – ongoing
Finish the Get It Together exercises – completed sections 3 – 12– postponed until the next ROWnd
- NEW: Win NaNoWriMo – on track with 6,300 words so far!
- 12,000 more words on NaNoWriMo novel, bringing its total up to 18,000
- Physical activity 5x this week
- Hangar 18 – review and markup Chapters 10 & 11
If you’re participating in ROW80, how are you doing so far? Are you doing NaNoWriMo? If so, look me up and let’s be writing buddies! And either way, how are you doing with whatever goals you may have made?