I took it easy this week, goal-wise, as I didn’t have much success in the final weeks of the last ROWnd. That seems to have worked, as I met all of my goals this week, and even accelerated on a couple!
Here’s what I did:
- Research online for short story – Done!
- Come up with synopsis sentence for short story - Done!
- Review How to Think Sideways exercises for ideas to work in to short story - Done! I even got some plot ideas written down.
- Complete Get It Together Chapter 3 & 4 exercises (the authors suggest doing 1 & 2 last) - Done! I also did most of Chapter 5.
- Three interval workouts and two shorter workouts - Done!
And here’s what I’m planning for this week:
- Complete web design/copywriting side job I took on last month
- Come up with 5 plot cards for short story
- Complete Get It Together Chapter 5 – 7 exercises
- Three interval workouts and two shorter workouts
- Track exercise & consumption 5 days
- BONUS: Format Time’s Two for Smashwords
Here are my goals for the quarter overall:
- Work through Lesson 18 of How to Think Sideways Waiting to jump back into this when I get started writing the short story.
- Release Times Two (combined ebook of Time’s Enemy and Time’s Fugitive)
- Complete Saturn Society short story for holiday anthology I’m hoping to participate in – have summary sentence written
- Complete Get It Together exercises and data gathering – Chapter 3 – 4 done
- Three interval workouts and two shorter workouts per week – ongoing
- Work back into tracking exercise and consumption – ongoing
- BONUS: Release Hangar 18: Legacy (if I get it back from the beta readers sometime this month, and depending on edits needed)
- BONUS: Plot out and begin writing first book in new series
What are your plans for the rest of summer, whether or not you’re doing ROW80? If you’re doing this or some other kind of goal-setting, what’s your strategy to get back on track if you’re having trouble meeting all your goals?