Last year around this time, I put up a post on ways I’ve found to deal with all the extra stuff we have to do around the holidays, that can add greatly to our stress level if we aren’t careful. One of those was evaluating which holiday events we really need to attend… and which we can gracefully decline.
My primary decision-making process for this is quite simple: just ask yourself these questions:
- If I don’t go, will someone be disappointed or hurt?
- Are there people there I care about, who won’t understand why I can’t make it?
- If I don’t go, will it adversely impact me (for example, career or business issues)?
- Are these people who don’t live nearby, and whom I don’t see at other times of the year?
- Do I really want to go? (<- This one is the most important!)
I also got some work done, including my ROW80 goals for the week! Here are the details:
- Hangar 18 - finish type-in – Done!
- Hangar 18 - get answers for new/remaining few research questions, and send to editor – Done!
- Hangar 18 - put together book info sheet – Done!
- Physical activity 5x this week – Done! (Good thing I did it Monday – Friday!)
I’ve already met my ROW80 goals for the overall quarter. But I’m not going to take the next week and a half off. There’s still much to be done, although with the holidays coming and all the extra to-do that entails, I am going for small goals. So for this week, I’d like to:
- Hangar 18 - write up front and back matter
- Hangar 18 - create full cover (for paperback – ebook/front cover already done)
- Physical activity 5x this week
If you’re participating in ROW80, how are you doing so far? Do you have any tips on beating holiday stress? If so, please share – I’m always looking for more!